background

Friday, August 24, 2007

Anticipation

I am almost finished packing. Almost all of my stuff is moved into my new room now, but I don't officially check in and start living there until Sunday. I must say, I am a bit torn. Living at home is fantastic; I have my own room, and plenty of other places to spread out for projects and stuff, I share a big bathroom with only one other person, my bed is a queen size, and I have plenty of alone time. But I really do love dorm life, not having to cook, only having one room to clean, and 3 people to split the task. I wish there were two of me. One to live in each place!

One thing is for sure, I am glad to not be living in the campus apartment building now. It has been flooding off and on all week. It got so bad last night that people had to evacuate their rooms and find another place to stay. We had 3 people come to stay in my dorm. I feel so bad for all of them. It is not a very nice way to start the year. They also had to close one of our bridges. Today on the news they even mentioned us and showed the damage. More rain is supposed to be headed our way... maybe it will change it's mind and go somewhere dry. Otherwise we will be traveling to class by gondola.

(Blonde Redhead)

No comments: