background

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Marry Me

I doubt if I could really put into words how amazing and meaningful today was, but I will try.

Today Nate and Sara got married. This was the first time I had ever been to a wedding for one of my friends, and Chris was the best man. The weather was perfect for their out-door wedding. Everyone had such a good time smiling and laughing together through the afternoon. I didn't make much of an effort to catch the bouquet, but Chris caught the garter. (Pretty sure that Nate intended for him to get it, and thus aimed for him) I am so happy for Nate and Sarah. Today really reminded me of how important they are to me, and how much I admire and respect the relationship that they have.
On the way to the wedding we passed a carnival that had set up in one of the towns, so after the reception a bunch of us decided to stop there before heading home. It was fun to just relax in the beautiful weather and make use of the super happy, perhaps even giddy mood the wedding had left us all in.

After that Chris and I headed over to a double graduation party for Alex & Kat. As always, it felt wonderful to be at the Corbin house with the people that I have known for so many years. I always feel like I am coming home. The reality has started to sink in of how much time has gone by since I met them, and I appreciate more and more these times when we are all together.

We wrapped up the day with a small group of people from the wedding sitting around a bonfire. One last time to relax and chat before several people got on the road to go home, unsure of when or where we would all be together again.

Chris and I were so lucky to have gotten to spend a very long day with these two groups of people that hold so much significance in our lives. I love all of them dearly.


(No Doubt)

No comments: