background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday

Thanks for all of the sweet birthday wishes everyone! It was a fantastic weekend. I watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox, one of my favorites, at some cake, opened some awesome gifts, and of course I had to go to an estate sale! Here's the recap:

My family gave me some fabulous nature themed stuff including squirrel and acorn salt and pepper shakers, and a tiny little owl that used to be my mom's when she was younger. Chris gave me this great sewing machine case.

Now I don't have to haul it around in it's original box! And when I get my new studio all set up, I can leave it out on a table looking cute! I kind of want to get a vinyl decal of a sewing machine or something related to go on the outside.

In thrifting news, the estate sale was great! I bought myself a shiny new kitchen toy:



Its a 325W Artisan Series Majestic Yellow, which has only been used twice!
The retail price of this beauty: $350
What did I pay? $165

It was a very happy birthday weekend.

(Sufjan Stevens)

No comments: