background

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Ring Song

Well, it has been a while since I posted, but I have just been so busy with the end of school, and the last post was exciting enough to leave up for so long anyway. My life since then has been mostly taking tests, writing papers, packing, moving, unpacking...unpacking...where am I going to put all of this?! and of course, going to work. Oh, and I am still in class. The last day of finals was the first day of my online summer class, Plays That Shaped The Western World. It's not too bad though.

Well, I wanted to give a little background info on my engagement ring in case anyone is interested. It was made by this lovely lady:



She works for etsy, so her shop is a bit sparse now due to her busy job. I first saw her selling her fantastic jewelry three years ago at the Renegade Craft Fair. I was in love with these rings, but it was far more money than I was willing to spend. Eventually we were able to track her down and Chris took it from there. Here is a nice close up, not of my ring, but one just like it.



I couldn't be happier with it. You should all check out her flikr too see more of her work.
She recently got married, and her whole wedding was all about handmade! I am really inspired by it, especially this banner!



I am already working on one for our wedding. :)

(The Bravery)

No comments: