background

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun



I don't normally work on Sundays, but today there was a class for screenpriting on Tee shirts and I was really interested in it. Angee said that I can take a day off later in exchange, so it will all work out great. The class was taught by Megan Klāwitter, another Spudnik printmaker. We encouraged people to work in pairs to make things go smoother, which really worked out well. They all got along so well, and finished their projects hours before we had anticipated. Look at all that teamwork happening!




Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of all the finished shirts together. They were all great though, so you will just have to take my word for it.

It was interesting to be on the other side of a printmaking class. It was weird because I am not the teacher type, but it is so different outside of the collegiate pressure. I got to watch everyone making work and hover around the room without having to worry about my own project. People were there because they really wanted to learn, not just to comlplete any credit. It just makes the mood so much lighter.

(The Beach Boys)

No comments: