background

Friday, April 27, 2007

Here's to the Night




This is it. Barb is gone. My room is nearly bare now, as I sit here typing this and it is all hitting me so hard. There are so many mixed emotions running through me. I like the idea of being back at my house again, I am so excited for all of the possibilities the summer holds, but I do not want to go because it means that this year is ending. Settling into a new room next year will be fun, but I hate that I will not be back in this room, with my silly suite mates, and all the amazing girls of 3rd floor. I am so glad that Barb will be my roomie again, and Nancy, welcome. It's gonna be boss.

Whenever I would talk to my mother about what a drag high school was and how much I just wanted to get on with life she would tell me that she always felt that way too. Just wait till college, that turned it all around for her. She loved college, and she assured me that I would too. As much as I dreaded the thought of 4 more years of school, that made me look forward to it.

You were right mom.
One down, three to go, and I cannot believe it is already gone. I am packing up things I could swear I just unpacked. I never expected anything that this year has held. None of us could have.

To all of my dearest friends, we have been through a lot in these past eight months.
You know how much of an understatement that is.
We got through it, and we can get through anything as long as we hold on to each other. Look at how strong we are now.
I love you all, more than you may ever know.

Here's to the nights we stayed up till all hours
laughing till we fell over
falling asleep on our homework
holding each other as we cried

I have lived here for almost 8 years. This campus has gone from a foreign new world, to my playground, then I got a license and found other places I would rather hang out. This year it became my home in an entirely new way. This place is more dear to me now than it ever has been. I love it here.

Ashlyn called the song for this one. It really is perfect.
In just a few hours, I will finish packing my car.
turn in my keys.
flip the light switch one last time.
goodbye hugs.

Freshmen Year of College - check



"So denied so I lied are you the now or never kind
In a day and a day love I'm gonna be gone for good again
Are you willing to be had are you cool with just tonight
Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well

Here's to the nights we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye
Tomorrow's gonna come too soon

Put your name on the line along with place and time
Wanna stay not to go I wanna ditch the logical
Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well

Here's to the nights we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye
Tomorrow's gonna come too soon

All my time is froze in motion
Can't I stay an hour or two or more
Don't let me let you go
Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well

Here's to the nights we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye
Tomorrow's gonna come too soon"

(Eve 6)

3 comments:

Zak said...

Listen to the song 'Best Time of Year' by Scatteredtrees.

That'll make your heart wrench.

remo.da.drummer said...

Whatever, I can't remember a single night where I stayed up late laughing till I fell over, falling asleep on my h/w or holding someone till I cried. Yeah, way to make me feel left out. Pft, what ELSE did you do that I don't know about hmmm young lady??

Cheshire Kat said...

::rolls eyes::Don't give me that left out stuff. You are the one who held me while I cried. You may not have fallen asleep on homework, but if you were not present when I slept on mine, I don't know how you missed those golden moments. I'm sure you remember me falling asleep on your couch while you did homework.