background

Monday, July 28, 2008

Arc of a Journey

Today Chris and I went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D. It was both of our first 3D movie, and possibly my last. I just don't think my heart can handle it. I have never done well with surprises (something that my little sister picked up on pretty early and used against me for most of our growing up.) So even though I enjoyed the movie, and am glad to have finally experienced a 3D film, I doubt if I will be rushing out to see another one anytime soon. There was one effect that I thoroughly enjoyed, and that was a tiny glowing blue bird that zipped around the screen and sometimes hovered in front of you. It was very cute.

After the movie we visited this store called Mister Kitschy, which is pretty much like Uncle Fun in Chicago.



I resisted buying this cookbook, a reproduction of the 1955 original. I decided against it because Chris pointed out that for a majority of the recipes the main ingredient was a boxed or canned product such as biscuit mix, which already comes with instructions.

The latest creations from the craft department are hair clips.



Some are on bobby pins...



and some are on snap clips.



I am very fond of them.


(Broadcast)

No comments: